On behalf of the Arkansas Office of Emergency Medical Services and the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians, we would like to welcome you to this new partnership between our organizations.
Please carefully read the information below. Most Arkansas EMS providers belong to one of these three scenarios. For those who aren’t, please contact the National Registry via the phone number or email provided at the bottom of this email.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN TO YOU?
I am Nationally Certified. Since you are currently certified with the National Registry, you will not need to take any action. Continue to use your existing account with the National Registry as you have been doing.
Next steps: There are no additional steps for you currently.
I was Nationally Certified, but my certification has expired. Good news! Arkansas is participating in the Mark King Initiative which allows former Nationally Certified EMS providers an opportunity to regain National Certification without testing. More information about the Mark King Initiative can be found here.
- Beginning 10/1/19, log in to your existing National Registry account.
- Apply for the Initiative under your “Candidate” role by selecting the Mark King Initiative menu option.
- Pay the current recertification fee: EMR $15.00, EMT/AEMT $20.00, Paramedic $25.00.
I have never been Nationally Certified. We’ve created a National Registry Claim Account process for you to utilize the National Registry’s online education platform. Moving forward, you will be tracking education requirements equivalent to National Registry certification.
- The “Claim Account” process will be available to eligible AR providers beginning 12/1/2019.
- You will receive email notification prior to 12/1/2019 with additional detailed steps for claiming your account.
If you have questions about your National Registry account or the Mark King Initiative, please contact National Registry Registrant Services at (614) 888-4484 or via the ‘Contact Us’ page located HERE. For all other questions, please contact the Arkansas Section of EMS at (501) 661-2262.
We are excited about this partnership and look forward to continuing excellent patient care in Arkansas
The National Registry Team