EMS professionals throughout the nation will come together for the 1st Annual EMS on the Hill Day on May 3-4, 2010 in Washington , D.C. This event is the EMS community’s first coordinated advocacy effort on Capitol Hill.
Top goals for this event are to:
- Include representation from EMS organizations in all sectors of the EMS community.
- Provide a consistent message to Congress on the key issues affecting EMS and EMS practitioners.
- Encourage and promote participation by EMS practitioners from across the nation.
The Hotel Palomar in Washington , D.C. has been selected as the official event hotel. Our Hill Day program will run as follows:
- May 3, 2010 (evening) – A pre-Hill Visit briefing will prepare participants for visiting their congressional leaders. All participants will receive Hill Visit Kits and appointment schedules. Appointment schedules will be organized by state.
- May 4, 2010 (morning-afternoon) – Participants will visit the offices of congressional leaders in their state to advocate for key EMS issues.
- May 4, 2010 (evening) – NAEMT will host a reception for all EMS on the Hill Day participants, congressional leaders and staff, and federal agency staff.
The success of the first EMS on the Hill Day will depend on participation from the leaders of the EMS community. We ask that you commit to sending as many leaders from Arkansas EMT Association as you can to Washington and agree to promote EMS on the Hill Day to your members through your website and newsletter. We only ask that participants be responsible for their travel costs (transportation, hotel, and meals). There will be no registration fee to attend. Here is a link to our online registration form: