The National Association of EMTs (NAEMT) installed its 2008 – 2009 Board of Directors, including officers and new directors, during its General Membership Meeting in Las Vegas on October 14, 2008.
The NAEMT Board of Directors is responsible for the general management and oversight of the affairs of the association. Each of the members of the Board, including the officers, is elected by the active members of the association.
NAEMT members elected the officers and directors via an online election that was conducted from September 14 to 28, 2008, and the newly elected board was announced shortly after.
Serving the association in the coming year will be:
- President – Patrick F. Moore, Conway, Ark.
- President-Elect- Connie Meyer, Greeley, Kan.
- Treasurer – Richard Ellis, Warner-Robins, Ga.
- Secretary – Donald W. Walsh, Chicago, Ill.
- Immediate Past President – Jerry Johnston, Mount Pleasant, Iowa
- Jennifer Frenette (Region I), Lancaster, N.H.
- Jim Slattery (Region I), Norton, Mass.
- Don Lundy (Region II), Charleston, S.C.
- Dennis Rowe (Region II), Knoxville, Tenn.
- Aimee Binning (Region III), Pinedale, Wyo.
- Sue Jacobus (Region III), Schuyler, Neb.
- Charlene Donahue (Region IV), San Jose, Calif.
- K.C. Jones (Region IV), Harrison, Ark.
- Kenneth J. Bouvier (At-Large), Luling, La.
- Chuck Kearns (At-Large), Largo, Fla.
Formed in 1975 and today nearly 25,000 members strong, NAEMT is the nation’s only
organization solely dedicated to representing the professional interests of EMS practitioners,
including paramedics, emergency medical technicians, first responders and other
professionals working in pre-hospital emergency medicine. NAEMT members work in all
sectors of EMS, including government service agencies, fire departments, hospital-based
ambulance services, private companies, industrial and special operations settings, and in
the military. For more information, visit the NAEMT web site at www.naemt.org.